Thursday, May 20, 2010

“Why Smartphones can be Dumbphones”


This is a story about a dream I had, not too long ago.. A bizarre twist of fate, that may yet lead to something good, something deliciously evil.. We shall see..

This is my account of "The Tale of Dumbphones".

Chapter 1 : Enter The Darkness

I opened my eyes, and there I was..

I crept towards the ominous looking doorway at the far end of the warehouse, foreboding building as I reached the door. Experience told me that precious time could be wasted picking the lock before realizing that all that was totally unnecessary. I gave the handle a quick turn..

.. It wasn't locked.

I opened the door, and stepped inside. What would I find?

Scene 2: The Vault

I make my way down the sinister stairway

Deeper and deeper into the cryptic vault I ventured, a seemingly endless stretch of hallway before me. The whole scene would make one wonder what nefarious evil lurks within. Upon reaching the end, I steeled myself. This was where my destiny would unveiled itself. The question was: What manner of man would emerge from the other side?

It remained to be seen. Enter the devil's lair.

Scene 3: Chimera

Bursting into the "Lab" I came upon an odious scene. I was face to face with "The Scientist"
His instruments littered the dank, dark laboratory as he mentioned me closer.

Scientist
You have a question, boy, that is the reason you are here, no?

Me
I want answers, Scientist. About Operation Dumbphones. What are you scheming?

Scene 4: Advent of Evil

Scientist
Do you really want to know? Could you handle the truth, boy?

Damn, I sure was tired of being called boy.

Me
Just spill it, Scientist.

Scientist
Fine, you want to know why smartphones can be dumbphones? Simple, because I'll make them so!! Yes..

Me
You? Hahahaha, don't make me laugh, Scientist. That's not possible. Smartphones are filled with all sorts of cool features, applications and whatnots. Surely there's nothing you can do.

Scientist
Oh, but there is.. there is.. You see, it's not the smartphones that i'll be making dumb, but the USERS instead, muahahahahaha

Me
Arrgh!! Explain yourself

Scientist
Gladly. Sure, smartphones are full of features. But if everyone who owns a smartphone only uses about 20% of them, they won't be so smart, will they?

Not only that, I'll also increase the price of phone internet usage. I'll triple, no, quadruple the amount people have to pay. The world will be thrown into chaos, and the reign of smartphones will come to an end! Muahahahahahahahah!!
Me
No way I'm gonna let that happen. I'm gonna stop you, Scientist.

Scientist
How are you going to stop me, boy. You're already in my trap.

Me
NooOoOOooOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scene 5: Awakening

I woke, sweat covering my body, soaking through my Spongebob Pajamas. I rushed to my computer, trying to find solace in the familiar WWW. It was then that I saw this.

Nuffnang, together with Digi, will be holding a costume party. The theme, Prisoners and Villains. All the vile villains in the world will be there. And so will The Scientist.

I must be there too. I'll disguise myself as a villain, infiltrate their ranks, and stop The Scientist from carrying out his evil plan.

Luckily for me, Team Nuffnang and Team Digi would be there as well. Things should go smoothly, but then, you can never be too sure when The Scientist is involved....

End

The DiGi Break Free party will be held at the time, date and venue below:
Date: 29 May 2010 (Saturday)
Time: 6pm – 10pm
Venue: Ecoba, Lot No. B-G-02, Level 1 Menara Bata (Tower B), PJ Trade Centre, No. 8 Jalan PJU 8/8a Bandar Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya

7 comments:

Jolyn Goh said...

Fwah so geng punya post ^^

Sam Vun said...

Thanks :) It was last minute, though. Hope I can get accepted still...

LimKahYee, Kylie said...

hey! Are you being invited? =)

Sam Vun said...

Yup, sure are! How bout u?

Sam Vun said...

Oh I see I see, you'll be going too, awesome!! See you there!

azham said...

Hahahah. Nice one dude! Thumbs up :)

Nway, did mine also.. Under pages my projects. Its a novel. But then, the 1st and 2nd episode kinda not nice. huhu.. well i think you got the pass :) nway, wont be able 2 c u there dude. THUMBS UP!! CLAP3!

Sam Vun said...

Dude wow i saw your blog.. you sure can write a lot dowh!!

Anyway, Thanks bro!! have fun at Penang man! All the best =)

Post a Comment